Are your Nintendo 3DS screens still perfect...?

Or do they have scratches, smudges, and little imperfections?

• Nope. Mine are still perfect. I take good care of them.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Yeah, a little bit of course, but that's natural when you play a lot. It's only a sign that you trea

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Yeah, unfortunately they are quite scratched, smudged, etc.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

NintendoRocks!!!

Awards
Credits
Just curious. Well?

Mine are slightly scratched, though you don't see the scratches at all when you play. Just when you hold it to the light at the right angle.

Oh well.

If you use the Stylus, it will be scratched, if you use your thumb, it will be sumdged, there's no way to prevent it other than screen savers.
Even WITH screen protectors, I still got a few scratches from my stylus, and my top screen is a tee-wee-bit dirty.

I agree with Moclon, the lower one is a bit scratched and I only use it like one hour a day on a couch after work. But well, it is ment to play on so...

weird, after looking at this topic..... i just checked and the screen is still as good as new, but the darn thing gets heavy use daily. Go figures.

weird, after looking at this topic..... i just checked and the screen is still as good as new, but the darn thing gets heavy use daily. Go figures.
You can't really see the scratches just like that, you have to turn it off and expose the touchscreen to light, and then you can see all the smudges/scratches clearly.

Mine is forever getting dirty because I tend to play with my glasses off and I don't notice the dust that builds up on especially the top screen. I don't believe the touch screen has any scrapes but the top screen does get those smudge lines where the frame around the bottom screen touches it when it's closed over.

Really? The lower screen can get scratches from the stylus?? But only if you press way too hard, right?

I thought the tiny scratches were there because I occasionally clean the screens with a soft cloth...

____

But yeah, you guys are right! I think the small scratches here and there are unavoidable if you use your 3DS on a regular basis...

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? The lower screen can get scratches from the stylus?? But only if you press way too hard, right?

I thought the tiny scratches were there because I occasionally clean the screens with a soft cloth...

____

But yeah, you guys are right! I think the small scratches here and there are unavoidable if you use your 3DS on a regular basis...
Scratches from the Stylus are bound to happen, and you don't have to press insanely hard to scratch the screen.
It's not something notable, you can only see it when it's facing a light source in the right angle.
And as long as you use a micro-syntethic (Or however it's called) fiber cloth, then your 3DS shouldn't get scratched from that.

_______

And yes, if you use your 3DS at least once a day for 15 minutes each period, you're going to have some scratches.

____

The scratches aren't from the stylus itself, they are from bits of dust that get caught under the stylus.

And my touch screen has a few very faint scratches (you can only see them if you angle the screen to catch the light in the right way), most of which accumulated through playing Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.

The top one has these two long scratches along the side, which are from the raised borders around the touch screen. Nothing I can do. Actually I don't think they're permanent, they're just marks that are annoying to get off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of which, how do you guys clean your 3DS?

I use a microfibre cloth. Although I think I need a new one, as mine seems to have gotten rather greasy (unless you can wash them).

I use a microfibre cloth. Although I think I need a new one, as mine seems to have gotten rather greasy (unless you can wash them).
You're better off buying a new one.
Also, do you use any liquid to clean the top screen?

There's a small scratch right by the left side exterior camera, other wise it's completely fine.

My top screen has permanent scratches formed by the bottom screen's left and right rim. This is probably because it was in my DS case which was tight as hell since I had so many things in it. I also got this random little tiny scratch that I couldn't buff out with toothpaste in the bottom screen. The scratch (somehow) appeared there while my 3ds was closed.

My top screen has permanent scratches formed by the bottom screen's left and right rim. This is probably because it was in my DS case which was tight as hell since I had so many things in it. I also got this random little tiny scratch that I couldn't buff out with toothpaste in the bottom screen. The scratch (somehow) appeared there while my 3ds was closed.
You tried using toothpaste to clean your bottom screen.
Tried using toothpaste to clean your bottom screen.
Toothpaste to clean your bottom screen.
Tootpaste. To clean. Bottom Screen.
TOOTHPASTE.TO CLEAN. YOUR BOTTOM SCREEN.

WHY??

After heavy use most days for over a year, my 3DS still looks pretty awesome. I don't have any scratches like you guys are talking about, but I do tend to wipe both the screen and the stylus with a microfiber cloth before and after use most of the time. I play tons of Theatrhythm and that does make me nervous, but that's why I take precautions.

As far as protecting the outside, I have 2 different protective cases for my 3DS and used them up until I got an external battery with makes them no longer fit. I don't shove it in tight pockets because that can lead to lines appearing on the top screen.

I use mine alot and all I do to keep it clean is wipe it down with my brother's glasses wipe thingy.

You tried using toothpaste to clean your bottom screen.
Tried using toothpaste to clean your bottom screen.
Toothpaste to clean your bottom screen.
Tootpaste. To clean. Bottom Screen.
TOOTHPASTE.TO CLEAN. YOUR BOTTOM SCREEN.

WHY??
Because toothpaste eats the screen and normally wears it out until the scratch isn't noticeable. Unfortunately, despite the scratch appearing out of nowhere, it was too deep for this to work.

Also, it doesn't affect how sensitive your touch screen reacts. I've done this with multiple touchscreen utilities and they all still work 100%.

My screen is still perfect, dispite heavy daily use. I have screen protectors and every night before I went to sleep I would clean the entire 3DS with a microfiber cloth. The thumb pad is worn smooth, though...
Also I got a 3dsxl so I don't really use my original 3DS anymore.

Back